Steve Brian Córdova
973.432.3899 - mobile
CUNY – City Tech | New York, NY
Digital + Subtractive Fabrication Certificate (3D Printing/Laser Cutting/CNC Milling) 2015
New York University | New York, NY M.P.S. Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) May 2014
Columbia University | New York, NY
Introduction to Architecture Program – Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation 2012
Rutgers University | Newark, NJ
M.A. in Economics May 2012
Boston College | Chestnut Hill, MA
B.A in Economics, Minor in Computer Science May 2003
Circuit Design, Adobe Creative Suite, UI & UX Design, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Wireframing, Prototyping, StoryBoarding, Personas, Natural User Interfaces, 3D Modeling, Rhino, Grasshopper
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
2013 Fellow - InSITE
2012 Fellow - New Leaders Council
2012 Fellow - NJ Social Innovation Institute
2011 Fellow - Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) MBA Preparation Program 2010, CORO Leadership in New York 22
Spanish(fluent), English (fluent), Greek (limited)
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
Cultures, mountain climbing, cycling, basketball, travel, and gastronomy
Aug ‘14 – Present | Freelance | New York, NY
User Experience/Interaction Designer
• Wireframing, high and low fidelity prototyping, creating interactive prototypes, user personas, and contributing to user experience best practices. I also work with microcontrollers (Arduino, Rasberry Pi, etc.) and build physical installations.
• Currently freelancing as a Research Technologist at HAVAS Worldwide working on various research projects for potential client work.
Sep ’13 – Dec ’13 | Microsoft Corporation | New York, NY
Microsoft Research Fuse Labs Researcher
• Explored and experimented with humanizing networked data using raspberry pi units with local sensors and various other inputs to demonstrate new kinds of interactive products and services embedded with an emotional state.
• Project included the creation of “talking” neighborhoods of New York. We designed a physical and interactive installation that allowed neighborhoods to become expressive and show their emotional state based on quantitative data we collected and then parsed through Microsoft’s API. Final project, PopPop, featured in various national and international news outlets.
Mar ’13 – May ’13 | Fast Company, Inc. | New York, NY
• Initiated the conceptualization and development of a physical installation to track website metrics across properties utilizing an internal API. Observation and research phase involved interviewing multiple stakeholders and contextualizing users needs.
• Developed physical prototypes using various materials and created a variety of soft circuits with muscle wires
Feb ’06 – Aug ’12 | DJNetworks, Inc | New York, NY
• Provided in-depth vertical industry analysis, prioritized target markets and produced detailed marketing implementation plans, including new media campaigns, gift certificates, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, and content syndication.
• Successfully overhauled distribution center impacting operations, leading to a procedural improvement of logistics and increasing output and efficiency by 60% allowing us to ship more goods faster with substantially less overhead costs.
May ’04 – Dec ’07 | YouAreTV, Inc. | New York, NY
Director of Design & Operations/Co-Founder
• Conceived, developed, and launched new technology products in broadband video and digital media distribution growing our user base and expansion in emerging markets. Grew our Alexa Website Ranking to under 20,000 most popular website.
• Evaluated monetization opportunities and developed relationships with key strategic partners, including ad networks, media and advertising providers, interactive agencies, and individual advertisers, landing a distribution deal with Xbox Live.
Nov ‘03 – Jun ’04 | Goldman, Sachs & Co. | New York, NY
Contract Analyst, Derivatives Products
• Generated P/L variances for interest rate derivative products. Created custom reports to measure price sensitivity of derivative products while controlling and reviewing booking, pricing and provisioning for structured credit default swaps.
• Performed price testing and analysis for credit spreads, recovery levels, bond volumes and bond prices.